Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How many computer do you need in a room?

Million instructions per second (MIPS)

It is one of those inevitabilities working in technology. I recently found myself surrounded by 5 computers in my office. Two desktops and three laptops.

One desktop is my official office machine. I also have an official laptop for mobile computing, viz working from home. I acquired a second desktop to test out some beta software where I don't want to accidentally compromise my official machine. Then, I am testing two laptops right now because I am managing a conference where PARC is attending.

How many keyboards can one person handle?

I think the first take away is that I need to train my toes to type since two hands simply are not sufficient for the task. The second take away for me is that I am probably in possession of more computing power on my finger tip than the entire world had until the 1970's. Final take away? I need to get a life. :-)!

===
P@P

No comments:

Post a Comment