Monday, November 16, 2009

R2D2 vs. C3PO

Star Wars

I re-watched Star Wars: A New Hope over the weekend. I suspect it would not come as a surprise that I am a star wars fan being in Silicon Valley. More broadly speaking, Silicon Valley is full of people who are of the same ilk.

This reminded me of a chief scientist friend of mine who works in the Los Angeles area.

What?

One time he wanted to highlight what he was vs. was not looking for in a particular technology. To give it more texture, he said "this is like getting C3PO when I wanted R2D2."

And, instead of light bulbs in the room, he got a lot of blank stares.

(For the uninitiated, C-3PO and R2-D2 are two major characters in the Star Wars series.)

--
I am happy to report that in a recently visit to Silicon Valley his audience got the droid reference with knowing smiles.

===
P@P

No comments:

Post a Comment