Monday, July 6, 2009

Projectors today and tomorrow

Ethnography and Social Science at PARC

I suspect nobody would be surprised to know that technical merit is not the sole success factor of a technology. Everything roughly equal, the more user-centric solution usually wins.

What may be a surprise for some though is that PARC has a long history investing in ethnography and social science as part of its technology platform. And, the ability to view the world with human factors an integral part of the overall context has been viewed as an important competencies for our clients.

What is wrong with my projector?

Below is a video that talks about projects which highlights the complex issues when human and technology mix.

I will confess that it really forced me to think about how I interact with it and its potential problems. You would too!



===
P@P

No comments:

Post a Comment