Friday, July 10, 2009

Migitti: Mobile Recommendation Systems

Reality Mining

Most of us have heard of data-mining even if we cannot write a nested query to save our lives. With the proliferation of rich-media mobile devices, there is a new gold mine in the form of reality-mining. In other words, instead of firing up a browser on my phone to do a search on Yelp and decipher what catches my fancy given where I am at, a system can be built to incorporate my personal preference and location information to give me the most tantalizing (and relevant) choices.

Migitti Project

Well. We've built one at PARC.

Here is the link to the slide-ware
http://www.slideshare.net/begole/activitybased-serendipitous-recommendations-with-the-magitti-mobile-leisure-guide

===
P@P

No comments:

Post a Comment